Thompson Family Guarantee
Exclusively at Thompson Funeral Homes & Cremation Care
1. We guarantee…to respect your budget
Most families approach funeral arrangements with a budget in mind. A good funeral home will always respect your budget and never pressure your family to spend more than planned.
At Thompson, our unique consultative arrangement process begins with you describing the type of service you have in mind and your family's budget. Next, we will explore a wide variety of options to stay within your budget while striving to maximize the value of your service.
After 60+ years of providing funeral services in Hillsboro, we have many long-term relationships with local families. Our philosophy is very simple; treat everyone as if they were a member of our family.
2. We guarantee you will have 24-hour access to our team
Regardless of when you call us, your call will be personally answered by a trained funeral professional. During normal office hours, our in-house staff answers the calls. After hours and on weekends, one of our Funeral Directors is always on call should your experience the loss of a loved one.
If your loved one has passed, a member of our team will be immediately dispatched to bring them into our care. Our goal is to have them in our care within one hour of receiving your call. Funeral arrangements can be made at the location and time of your choosing.
Before a funeral service, there will be a long list of tasks. Someone must select flowers; a eulogy will need to be prepared, and you will need to make dozens of other decisions. During this time, you will have 24-hour access to our team. We will be there for you, day or night, to ensure that every little detail is handled, and your service is flawless.
3. We guarantee…you will have the opportunity to say goodbye
Saying goodbye to your loved one is never easy. Unfortunately, in today's culture, many people try to skip this step. The sad reality is that failing to say goodbye to someone you love leaves emotional wounds that may never heal.
At Thompson Funeral Homes & Cremation Care, the immediate family is given the opportunity for a half-hour private goodbye in our visitation room whenever possible. If a public visitation is planned, the private time is typically scheduled to precede the shared time.
On a practical level, this an essential step in our security procedures. On an emotional level, this private time helps family members as they mourn the loss.
4. We guarantee your service can be as traditional or personalized as you like
Many families find significant comfort in a traditional funeral service complete with a public visitation, church service, and a procession to the cemetery for a graveside ceremony. Thompson Funeral Homes & Cremation Care will always be ready to care for families wanting a traditional service.
We also pride ourselves on having the most creative funeral directors in the area, uniquely able to create a beautiful, personalized service. Some of our more creative services have included:
- Transforming our funeral home into a popup art gallery filled with the works of a local artist so her family and friends could enjoy her paintings one last time.
- Conducting multiple drive through funerals during Covid-19 so that families could safely participate in a funeral service.
- Having a parade of fire and ambulance equipment when a veteran of the Hillsboro Fire Department passed away.
- Decorating our funeral home with all sorts of memorabilia to celebrate the life of family members including saddles, quilts, and a toy tractor collection.
5. We guarantee…to focus on the comfort of your guests
A visitation and funeral service often involves far more than just the immediate and extended family. It is common for friends, neighbors, coworkers, and acquaintances to attend. In some instances, the entire community comes together to show their support when someone passes away.
At Thompson, our care for your family does not end with your family. Instead, our care encompasses your guests as well. Whether 5 or 500 guests are attending, we do everything possible to ensure the comfort of everyone.
Some of the ways we show our support for guests include the following:
- Open floorplan designed for large groups to easily gather.
- Handicapped accessible bathrooms.
- Parking for over 75 cars.
- Greeters at the door to welcome guests.
- Beautifully decorated facilities.
- Dedicated café area where coffee and water are always available, and catering can be arranged.
- The Hillsboro House located across the street for the comfort of out-of-town guests.
Also, we put a great deal of effort into ensuring that your loved one looks as good as possible for the visitation. Some of your guests may not have seen the deceased in a long time, and we want to make sure that they look their best.
6. We guarantee…you will be given the opportunity for a spiritually significant ceremony.
The loss of a loved one can be an overwhelming time of hectic activity and sadness. To help with the healing process some families turn to their pastor to present a eulogy and to lead the prayers. However, many families without a church home are left looking for someone to lead the ceremony for their loved one.
At Thompson, we are fortunate to have trained funeral celebrants who are available to conduct our unique Remembrance of Life™ ceremony. Your Thompson Celebrant spends time working directly with family members to uncover the key elements of the life story and develop an overall theme. Next, they will design the entire service with a particular focus on family participation.
During the funeral service, the Thompson Celebrant functions as a master of ceremonies introducing the various participants and then concludes the ceremony by presenting the life story.
7. We guarantee you will value the experience
spend $5,000 or $15,000, if the experience does not meet the emotional, spiritual, and practical needs of your family, you've spent too much.
At Thompson Funeral Homes & Cremation Care, we pride ourselves on delivering more value than any other funeral provider in the Hillsboro area. Value comes from;
- our expert guidance as you navigate a difficult time,
- our ability to create a unique and beautiful funeral experience your family and friends will cherish,
- our willingness to handle all the details so you can relax and experience the love and support of family and friends,
- our talented team members who always treat everyone with compassion and care,
- and our selection of only the highest quality products at all price ranges.
Should there ever be a portion of our services that does not meet your expectations, simply notify us right away, and we will do whatever it takes to correct the problem. If we are unable to do so, we will promptly refund that portion of our service fee.